Tuesday 11 October 2011

Book - Printing by hand - Lena Corwin


Since I discovered a great textile work of Arounna Khounnoraj from bookhou.com/textiles 
become a big fun of screen printing fabrics.I really like the color and texture of the cotton and the modern patterns.  

Lena Corwin is a New York based textile designer and illustrator. She has her own line of products. I came across her beautiful book " Printing by hand". She shares her knowledge and passion of some basic methods of printing by hand: stamping, stenciling and screen printing. It all looks so simple and she shows us step by step all the methods. I really enjoy reading it and I would like to try it out soon. Lena even gives us her own patterns at the end of the book If we wish some inspiration to start with.  Beautiful pictures are made by Thayer Allyson Gowdy.